- 4 cups Chicken Stock
- 1 pre-cooked Chicken Breast torn into large pieces and dark meat (I pulled the dark meat from chicken backs and necks I had put into stock pot) (I had several chicken breasts in freezer from leftover roasted chickens, used 1 )
- 1-2 Cloves of Garlic diced small
- 1 carrot trimmed, peeled and sliced thin
- 1 Parsnip trimmed, peeled and cut across into thin slices
- ½ cup frozen Peas
- ¾ cup frozen Pearl Onions
- 1 Tablespoon Diced Fresh Sage
- 1-1 ½ cups of flat wheat Pasta ~ depends on how much pasta you want in your soup
- Or: you could use a couple of potato’s diced small
- Sea Salt to Taste
- Fresh Ground Pepper to Taste
I boiled my flat wheat noodles per package instructions. I drain and reserve them for the soup (covered.)
I put the stock and the diced garlic into covered pan big enough to cook all the veggie and put on medium heat until simmering. I readied my veggies while the stock was heating. Once the stock comes to a boil I added the carrots and parsnips (add potatoes now if using.) Cook covered, about five minutes, just until carrots are fork tender but firm. Add the chicken, sage, frozen peas and pearl onions. Heat until everything is warm throughout. Now I add the pasta and the sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Serve Hot.
I had this with my Fresh Sage and Sunflower Seed Bread and a side of Fruity Coleslaw. It was a wonderful combination. Enough soup to eat on for several days, with the snow and cold weather it is perfect. I think tomorrow I will make a Panini with Ham and Cheese; I think it would be perfect made with the Sage and Sunflower Seed Bread and taste good with a small cup of chicken soup….